Binge Eating – I Was Out of Control – Confession Time
I am 3 1/2 stone down (last picture on the right hand side) since I began my weight loss journey 24 weeks ago (picture on the far left) and I am feeling pretty proud of myself that I have finally broken a really bad cycle on binge eating which led me to where I was in the first place. My mind set has totally changed about food and I cannot believe what I used to get up to really.Over the next 17 weeks in the run up to my wedding I am aiming for another 35lbs loss which will take me to my target of 6 stones total loss, I think for me it has taken a major event in my life to give me a big kick up the backside and do something about my weight once and for all and like many people I am finally doing it I am just thankful the major event wasn’t a heart attack or worse!
I feel pretty disgusted with myself to be honest when I look back but I think it is important to be honest about things so I can read back on this and realise what I was like, feel the same amount of disgust to ensure I never go back and healthy eating will now always be part of my life now.
Someone in a Facebook group I am in recently asked people about their binge eating before they began Slimming World which inspired me to do this post as it isn’t something I have really spoken about before………….lots of people will relate to this I am sure and this is a reminder of how bad binge eating was for me and the sheer volume of food and @rap I ate makes me feel sick now. The picture above reminds me of what I have achieved and this website has and will keep me focused on my final target, my body has taken enough abuse over the years so here are some of the my worst binge eating moments for you to be disgusted at, cry, giggle, comment and respond with your own binge eating secrets……….facing up to it is hard but necessary……….
Binge Eating – Confession Time
- Eating an entire pack of 5 Morrison s jam doughnuts one after the other.
- Eating a 200g family size bar of Cadburys Chocoloate in less than 10 minutes and then still feeling like I needed more and eating a large bag of Peanut M&Ms too.
- On a Sunday popping to Mcdonalds to get a Mcflurry & an apple pie for my other half, on the way home eating large fries & a double cheeseburger then then hiding the paper under the car seat…my other half knew all the time I was doing it
- Eating an entire GU Pecan Nut Chocolate Brownie all to myself in one go with cream (it is supposed to be for 8 people to share)
- Eating an entire pack of 12 Sainsbury’s fresh profiteroles (I never shared anything)
- Eating an entire pack of 5 Sainsbury’s Rolo large cookies and then a packet of crisps and a mars bar duo as well
- Buying 3 mars bars at the shop, eating one on the way back and then saying to my other half when i got back “oh I bought us both a chocolate bar” (I had already eaten one)
- Going to get a few bits from Sainsbury’s (on my own) then eating 2 cream cakes in the car before going home (we lived round the corner – Sainsbury’s was deadly for me then) – good job my other half never saw half the receipts what I had bought – then again they probably did anyway – I tried to hide my binging all the time
- 6 rounds of toast with butter and baked beans (I had already eaten two while I was hiding away in the kitchen so I had 4 on my plate which my other half saw)
- Popping to the local shop and stuffing a mars bar duo down before the car got to the front of the house so I wouldn’t be seen eating
- Having a silly child strop if I went to get a cake in the supermarket and my other half, very nicely I may add and has always been supportive, tried to sway me away from buying one.
- Buying a full fat milk large latte for me and a hot chocolate for the other half from Costa coffee and then piling about 6-7 sachets of sugar in it (I tried to hide this but I am sure it didn’t go unnoticed)
- Eating an entire 12 inch deep pan stuff crust pizza from pizza hut (delivered) and then 4 slices of garlic bread plus chips too
- When going to my mums for tea hiding in the pantry, slowly opening the fridge so it wouldn’t make a noise and eating a load of chocolate from the stash they always have in there and biscuits too
- Half a bread baguette with a whole pack of bacon in it and brie cheese (I would eat the lot and moan I was so full – really??? I wonder why!!!)
- My other half would leave some chocolate in the fridge to maybe have another time, it didn’t get a chance to get cool, if I spotted it, in my mouth it went, then I lied and said I had never eaten it – very naughty!!!!
I could go on a lot more than the list above and that is really bad but I think from this you get the idea, totally out of control binge eating and this is what I can remember so there is probably loads more to tell if I could remember.
There is a pattern here – portion size “size of food” and all fatty @rap, loads of chocolate and sugary stuff – I was obsessed with how big food was/looked and always went for duo bars, large bags of crisps, basically I was not satisfied with a normal serving of anything.
I am not sure if there was something medically wrong with me, in my mind now looking back I was just PLAIN GREEDY. I wrote another post a while back on why we eat unhealthy food which is quite an interesting read and worth having a look at too, I can honestly say this WAS me, I will nenver go back to that.
I would love to hear about your binge eating/worst moments but It is a pretty brave thing to do to put yourself out there like this, is anyone is brave enough to comment below ??????