Week 18 – 3 Stone & 35 Inches Gone For Good – Half Way To Goal Weight
This week I reached the half way point of my diet journey with Cambridge Weight Plan, I can’t quite believe I have lost 3 stone so far but I can tell you it feels @@loody great and as my wedding in September draws closer I just know being slim is a reality now and not just a dream it was a year ago. Not sure why the cheesy grin in the pic but here are my before & afters.
I thought this was a good time to put together my stats so far including the fact I have dropped 2 dress sizes (nearly 3) and I now moan that my clothes are too big rather than too small time for a shopping trip very soon I think as I won’t be able to put it off much longer.
BUT…the most exciting thing in the coming weeks will be finding the perfect wedding dress but NOT in a big size anymore I am confident that by the time September comes round all of the 6 stone I wanted to lose will be gone and gone forever…hell I’m half way there already
Karen’s Stats after 18 Weeks
– LOST – 3 Stone/42 Lbs
– LOST 35 Inches from my body
- LOST – 11 inches from waist
- LOST – 7 inches from hips
- LOST – 6 inches from chest/bust
- LOST – 2 inches from arms (bingo wings lol)
- LOST – 5 inches from thighs
- LOST 4 inches from ribs
– DROPPED – 10 points off my starting BMI
– DROPPED – 2 dress sizes (nearly 3 but not quite there yet)
– Became a bit of a cook, OK I am no Jamie Oliver but I enjoy trying new healthy recipes
What & How Have I Changed??…a lot
– Portion Control – NOW UNDER CONTROL – MODERATION IS THE KEY!
– Ditched Diet/fizzy drinks (only occasional now) – prefer water for the health benefits
– Switched to skimmed milk from semi skimmed
– Switched from sugar in drinks to tablet sweetener’s
– Learned about salt/processed food and how it can effect your weight
– Cut my carb intake massively – now stick to low carbs
– I weigh everything I should
– I have a light breakfast – I used to skip that and then binge at dinner time – huge mistake
– I haven’t touched a take away or fatty meal for 4 months & do not feel the urge to either
– I can say NO to high fat foods and not crave them anymore
– I always think about healthy alternatives – how could I make the same food but it be healthy
– Not such a miserable @it all the time and feel happier in myself and my appearance
– I do not dodge nights out like I used to as I never felt comfortable and couldn’t be bothered
– I prepare the night before what I am going to eat the next day – PREPARATION is so important
– Planning Meals – this stops me from eating anything I shouldn’t
– Pre-planning for nights out and social events – dieting doesn’t have to be anti social
– BEING COMMITTED & NOT DELAYING “Oh I’ll do it tomorrow attitude” – not good enough!
– NO MORE BINGE EATING…………….
– Keeping motivated with doing this blog and speaking to other Cambridge dieters
– Group support from 3 fantastic Facebook groups I found & participate in daily …..
– lots of other things I cannot think of right now but probably will later……:-)
I am still a tight @it though and am hanging on as long as I possibly can to buy a new wardrobe of clothes haha!