Slimming World Bacon Double Chicken Burgers with Homemade Coleslaw
OMG I think I have died and gone to heaven, you have to unhinge your jaw to eat these amazing double bacon chicken burgers which are only 2 syns on extra easy if using HEA for cheese and HEB for the rolls, the 2 syns are for the light mayonnaise used in the coleslaw
I absolutely love chicken it is my favorite meat but can sometimes be bland but these chicken burgers are certainly not bland, the picture makes my mouth water all over again.
The pepper mayo is superb too and you feel like you’re eating a KFC burger but without all the oil and calories. Go on give them a try you know you want too and for 2 syns why wouldn’t you.
Another great recipe kindly donated by Jamie Davison https://www.facebook.com/groups/275675742588587/
- 2 x 60g wholemeal buns
- 2 chicken breasts, all visible fat removed and cut in half.
- 4 slices of dairylea light cheese
- 4 bacon rashers, all visible fat removed
- 1 tomato, sliced
- A few iceberg lettuce leaves
- Half carrot, peeled and grated
- 3-4 white cabbage leaves, sliced
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- In a large griddle sprayed with Frilight cook chicken for about 6 minutes on each side
- or until cooked right through.
- Meanwhile, add 1 tbsp of mayo to the cabbage and carrot
- Add the the lemon juice, season and mix well. Set aside.
- Add ½ tsp of black pepper to 1 tbsp of light mayonnaise and mix well.
- Cook the bacon in a frying pan sprayed with frylight until cooked turning once.
- Toast the buns.
- To build the burgers
- Place a slice of cheese on the heel of the bun
- followed by a slice of bacon, some lettuce, 1 chicken piece, a slice of cheese,
- tomato slices, a chicken piece, slice of bacon
- followed by pepper mayonnaise and top with the crown of the bun.
- Build the other burger the same way but replace the pepper mayo with the coleslaw.
- Enjoy !