Bacon & Mushroom Risotto – Syn Free on Extra Easy
This recipe is syn free on extra easy and takes only 20 minutes to prepare too so it is a quick meal if you are pushed for time. It tastes delicious and is plenty for two people.
You can also use your HEA choice for some grated parmesan cheese over the top if you want to add more flavour to it but I didn’t bother as it is delicious on its own.
Top Tips – take your time with the risotto and keep stirring to release the starch giving it its creamy texture. Plus normal closed cap mushrooms are fine but chestnut mushrooms have so much more flavour.
- 200g risotto rice (aborio)
- 5 smoky bacon rashes with all visible fat removed and cut into pieces.
- 6 chestnut mushrooms (sliced)
- 750ml of quality vegetable stock (knorr stock pots)
- 2 thyme sprigs
- In a frying pan sprayed with Frylight (medium heat) fry the mushrooms & bacon for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Then add the thyme.
- Then add the stock little by little throughout the cooking time
- Stirring constantly. (18 minutes should be perfect).
- Once the cooking time is up take off the heat and cover for 2 minutes.
- Taste the risotto, if you feel it needs salt and pepper add to your liking.
- Serve & Enjoy!