Cannelloni Recipe Syn Free on Slimming World
A classic recipe which has been adapted to ensure you can enjoy the taste and flavours of a cannelloni but without all the oil, fat and calories from a traditional one.
This serves 4, perfect for a family meal with a load of salad and maybe some slimming world chips which are also syn free.
You will need the tomato sauce/napoli sauce recipe here so make sure you follow this recipe for the tomato sauce in the recipe below.
- 12 cannelloni tubes
- 400g extra lean minced beef
- 200ml of beef stock
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk finly chopped
- 1 tbsp of tomato puree
- 1 tbsp dried origano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 60g Cheddar cheese grated
- 40g parmesan grated
- Napoli sauce see link above for the recipe
- In a large frying pan sprayed with frylight cook the onions, carrots and celery until soft.
- Add the minced beef and cook until brown.
- Add the oregano, tomato puree, stock and salt and pepper.
- Stir well cover and cook for 40 minutes on a medium heat.
- Once cooked leave aside to cool.
- When cooled fill the pasta tubes with the meat sauce.
- In an ovenproof dish spoon some of the napoli/tomato sauce in the dish.
- Add the filled tubes to the dish.
- Once all the filled tubes are in cover with napoli/tomato sauce.
- Top with cheese and cook at 160ºc for 40 minutes.