Chicken Cacciatore – Syn Free on Slimming World
I’m sure if you try it it will become a family favourite and chicken is my favourite type of meat so I love this version anyway.
It serves 4 people and is completely syn free on extra easy and original plans and takes about 40 minutes to make.
This is great served with pasta, rice or potatoes but I dished mine up with roast potatoes and broccoli. This is a fabulous recipe kindly donated by Jamie Davison and you can find his slimming world group here for more tasty syn free recipes https://www.facebook.com/groups/275675742588587/
- 4 chicken breats, all visible fat removed and cut in half
- 4 bacon rashers, all visible fat removed and cut into pieces
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 x 400g chopped tin tomatoes
- 300ml veg stock made with a stockpot
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a frying pan sprayed with Frylight
- Place the chicken breast smooth side down
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook for 3-4 minuets on each side.
- Take off the heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a large pot sprayed with Frylight
- Cook the bacon, onions, celery and carrots for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the tin tomatoes, chicken, stock and rosemary.
- Bring to the boil, cover, turn down and cook on a low heat for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook for another 10 minutes.