Chicken & Sweetcorn Risotto – Slimming World Recipe – Syn Free
It is syn free on the extra easy plan and is as great tasting as the bacon and mushroom risotto reciope here
I highly recommend both of risotto recipes
TOP TIP : Make sure you are stirring the rice as close to constant as you can through the whole cooking process. This will release the starch giving it a lovely creamy texture and will stop it sticking to the pan.
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 200g risotto risotto rice
- 1 chicken breast, roasted and cooled
- 60g sweetcorn
- 1 litre veg stock
- ½ tbsp dried rosemary
- Make up the sock and set aside.
- In a heavy bottomed pan sprayed with Frylight low to medium heat fry the shallots until soft.
- Add the rice and fry for 1-2 minutes stirring often add the rosemary
- Then add a small ladle of stock (the stock will should bubble up).
- Cook until most of the stock has been absorbed then repeat this one ladle at a time
- Until you have about 2 ladles worth of stock left.
- Add the chicken and sweetcorn
- Then carry on adding the stock as before until all the stock has gone.
- This should take about 18 minutes.
- Enjoy !!