Chicken Tikka Masala Only 1 Syn on Slimming World Extra Easy
Another delicious Indian dish this Chicken Tikka Masala is gorgeous and like the chicken korma recipe here tastes so much like a takeaway.
This serves 4 and is only 1 Syn on the extra easy plan. As I say time and time again you can enjoy classic takeaway meals without all the calories and this recipe is no exception. I do not mind spicy food and chicken tikka is about my limit as I am a wuss I served this with boiled rice but you could serve it with slimming world chips if you wanted but I prefer rice.
I also freeze in batches so i tend to make up double the recipe so I have plenty of things in the freezer as time is short working full time etc. I hope you enjoy it and feel free to add you comments below.
TOP TIP: try to cook it for longer adding chicken stock as it reduces.
If you don’t have a griddle pan put the chicken onto skewers and place under a medium grill for 12-15 minutes.
- 4 x chicken breasts with all fat removed and cut into chunks.
- Juice of 1 lime
- 142g/5oz fat free natural yogurt
- 1-2 drops of red food coloring (optional)
- 5 tbsp tikka curry powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion peeled and grated
- 4 garlic cloves peeled and crushed
- 2.5 cm/1in piece root ginger, grated
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tsp each of ground cinnamon and ground cumin
- 6 level tbsp tomato puree
- 5 tbsp fat free natural fromage frais.
- Place chicken in a bowl
- Mix the lime juice with the yogurt, food coloring if using, and 3 tbsp of the tikka curry powder.
- Season and pour over the chicken.
- Toss to coat the chicken, cover and marinate in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours. (Or overnight).
- Heat a frying pan sprayed with frylight.
- Add the onion and fry for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, red chilli, cinnamon, cumin and remaining curry powder
- Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato puree and add 255ml of water bring to the boil
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Spray a griddle pan with frylight and cook chicken on a medium heat for 12-15 minutes
- Turning once or twice, until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and stir into the sauce
- Take the sauce off the heat and stir in the fromage frais.
- Serve with rice and green beans.