Doner Kebab “Fakeaway” Recipe – Syn Free on Slimming World
This is called Doner Kebab “Fakeaway” in Slimming World Lingo and is proof that you can make takeaway meals Slimming World friendly and not ruin your diet.
It is a fantastic recipe which you can either do in the slow cooker or an oven and contains lots of herbs and spices and honestly does taste like a real Doner Kebab, OK so you don’t have all the fat of a kebab from a kebab shop but why would you want all that grease anyway Use your HEB for the pitta bread (weight watchers wholemeal pitta bread is a HEB choice) and stuff it with tons of lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onions, cabbage and whatever other salad you want. You can syn some mayonnaise if you want to but without it, this Doner kebab recipe is free on both Extra Easy & Original Plans…………..enjoy!
- 500g/1lb extra lean lamb mince
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried Thyme
- ½ tsp onion powder (or 1 small finely chopped Onion)
- ½ tsp garlic powder (or 2 teaspoon minced/crushed Garlic)
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp plain flour - Optional (but will help it not to dry out) - 25g is 4½ Syns so Syn value for the flour is negligible if you use it
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F (or you can cook on slow for 3 hours in slow cooker)
- Combine the flour, oregano, Italian herbs, garlic powder, onion powder
- Add the cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.
- Add the lamb mince & mix thoroughly.
- knead well until there are no air pockets
- The kebab meat should be extremely smooth.
- Shape the mince into a loaf size and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes, turning the loaf half way through
- Once cooked allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice the meat as thinly as you can
- Serve with a weight watcher wholemeal pitta (HEB) & tons of salad