Slimming World Fish & Chips Fakeaway
I have to say I was really disappointed to be honest and would much rather make my slimming world chips and then get a piece of cod from the chip shop and REMOVE the batter to make it free rather than make this again.
The egg gives something for the lemon/vinegar to soak into but for me it is what it is, fish with egg on top.
Its a shame really as I was really looking forward to it but of course this is only my opinion so do give it try and let us know what you think in the comments below.
Use the syn free chips recipe here and mushy peas to finish.
- 4 thick skinless cod or haddock fillets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, separated
- Preheat oven to 200°c/fan 180°c/ gas 6
- Line a tray with greaseproof paper.
- Arrange the fish on the tray and season well
- Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until they form soft peaks.
- Whisk the yolks in another bowl and fold into the egg whites along with a pinch of salt.
- Stir to mix well and spoon the mixture over the fish.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the egg is lightly browned and the fish is cooked through.
- Serve with homemade sw chips, mushy peas and a wedge of lemon.