Honey BBQ Sausage Bake – 1 syn per portion
You will need the honey BBQ sauce recipe here and the syn free sausages recipe here to make this dish. If you use more sauce than in the recipe below you will need to increase the syns for the recipe.
This meal is absolutely delicious and you can serve it with any free vegetables you want. I used baby corn and broccoli but you could also serve it with slimming world chips and a large salad if you wanted.
This recipe is another kindly donated by Jamie Davison https://www.facebook.com/groups/275675742588587/
- 8 syn free pork sausages(see link above for recipe)
- 1 red pepper de-seeded and cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper de-seeded and cut into strips
- 3 small red onions peeled and roughly chopped
- 8-10 tbsp of honey BBQ sauce (see link above for recipe)
- Spray a oven proof dish with frylight
- Put the peppers and onions and cook in the oven at 180°c. For 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a frying pan sprayed with frylighy
- Lightly brown the sausages for about 15 minutes on a low to medium heat.
- Put the sausages in a big bowl and spoon over the honey BBQ sauce. Coat well.
- Remove the oven dish and put the sausages in with the peppers and onions and return to the oven for another 20 minutes.