KFC Chicken – Slimming World Style – Syn Free on EE & Original
It tastes fabulous and has a lovely crunch to it. I didn’t fancy the smash or other coatings I have seen people use for this and saw this idea of Weetabix for the coating, KFC chicken is probably one of the foods I miss the most on Slimming World, but hey as I have said before there is a healthy alternative to any meal.
This recipe serves 2 and me and my other half thoroughly enjoy it with Slimming World Chips which are also syn free
You can totally have most things on Slimming World and this style of KFC chicken is no exception. Give this recipe a try and let us know what you think in the comments section below. I am definitely going to be doing this one again this weekend
The recipe is by a fantastic guy called Jamie Davison who runs a Facebook group, Jamie is a professional chef and makes some really inventive Slimming World Recipes. I have permission from Jamie personally to share his recipes & use of his images to showcase his work on my website. You can join his Facebook group here for more of his fabulous recipe creations https://www.facebook.com/groups/275675742588587/
- 2 Chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces.
- 4 Weetabix
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 1 chicken oxo cube
- 1 level tsp mixed herbs
- 1 level tsp paprika
- ½ tsp mild chilli powder
- ½ tsp onion powder/ granules
- ½ tsp garlic powder/granules
- 2 level tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven 200ºc
- Blend all the ingredients apart (from the chicken and the eggs ) for 10 seconds.
- Empty the mixture into a bowl.
- Add the chicken pieces to the egg and coat well
- Then add the chicken to the weetabix crumb mixture and coat evenly.
- Place the chicken pieces evenly on a baking sheet
- Cook for about 15-20 minutes turning once.