Lemon Chilli Chicken Recipe – Syn Free
I would highly recommend this meal and if you like chilli chicken you are going to love this version.
I find when I make this dish with lots of spices it really makes me cough so I am afraid this is the one the other half with have to cook again
The recipe is totally free on both extra easy and original and goes superbly with some syn free slimming world chips which are easy to make.
To increase your super free element add a large portion on salad on the side.
- 4 chicken breast, all visible fat removed
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 220 ml of chicken stock
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- the juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- Salt and black pepper
- Some fresh coriander
- few slices of fresh lemon to garnish
- Spray a griddle/frying pan with frylight and brown the chicken.
- Set the chicken aside on a plate and cover with foil.
- Spray a large frying pan with frylight, add the onions, chilli, fresh garlic and ginger
- Cook for approx 2 mins, add some more Frylight if needed.
- Add the spices and stir fry for a further 1 minute.
- Stir in the lemon juice, stock and vinegar.
- Add back the chicken pieces, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and cook on a low to medium heat for about 20mins until the chicken is tender.
- If the sauce dries out too quickly add a little more water and turn the heat down a little.
- Top with some coriander and fresh lemon slices Serve with your choice of side and vegetables.
- Enjoy !!