Low Fat Mousse – Slimming World Style – With Custard
This is a nice little low fat mousse desert if you fancy something sweet but you want to keep your Syns low too. I find at the weekends I like something a bit sweet as a treat even or just to use some of my Syns so I made this little mousse which turned out really well. You can adapt it and add more fruit if you wish or top it with anything if you want I chose low fat custard because I had it in the cupboard already
This low fat mousse recipe took 5 minutes to make, so was really quick too and I will be making this again and you have an option to have the custard or not have the custard with relevant Syn values so you can choose what you want
0.75 Syns without the custard OR 4 Syns on Extra Easy, Original & Green Plans with.
- 1 sachet sugar-free jelly crystals (I used raspberry)
- 1 sachet of powdered gelatine (or agar agar)
- 2 pots Vanilla Mullerlight yogurt (or any other Free yogurt - I used Raspberry)
- 7oz/198g quark
- 4-5 tbsp artificial sweetener
- 100g mixed berries (such as raspberries, blackberries, redcurrants and blueberries) - you could use any fruit combination so long as its a free feed
- 300g low fat ambrosia Devon custard
- Make up the jelly with ¼pt of boiling water.
- Stir in the gelatine and set aside to cool.
- When the jelly is cool add the yogurts, quark and artificial sweetener
- Whisk until smooth (it will be a bit watery but dont worry it will set nicely)
- Pour the mixture evenly into 4 pots or small glasses
- Chop up the berries and evenly pop those into each glass of mixture
- Place in the fridge to set
- Once set add 75g of the custard to the top of the mousse
- ENJOY! I loved these :-)