Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup – Syn Free on All Plans
Red peppers are my total favourite and I find soup in general is a really easy thing to make for lunches as I do struggle to know what to have for lunch sometimes. Obviously now the weather is getting warmer It is not so good but this roasted red pepper and tomato soup is a total winner for me.
It does take a bit of time to make but well worth it and is completely syn free on all slimming world plans. I tend to make double the amount and batch freeze it so I always have some handy. Then just let is defrost and microwave it and viola perfect soup in minutes!
MY TIPS , I use knorr chicken stock pot. These are great stocks.
- 6 tomatoes
- 4 red peppers
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- salt & pepper
- Fresh basil
- Frylight a roasting tin & halve 6 tomatoes and place cut side up in the tin.
- Halve 4 red peppers and place skin side UP.
- Dice one onion and put in the same roasting tin (if big enough)
- Add a peeled garlic clove to the onion.
- Spray a bit of frylight on top of the ingredients
- Add salt and pepper and place some fresh basil on top.
- Roast at 180 for about 50 mins or until the pepper skins blacken a bit.
- Remove the onions after about 25/30 minutes.
- Set a side and let cool.
- When the tomatoes and peppers are done do the same.
- Then remove the skins from the peppers ( this should be easy to do)
- Make up about 300 ml of a good veg/chicken stock.
- Add all the ingredients to a pan and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Let it cool slightly the blend.
- Reheat and season to taste and serve.