Scotch Eggs Syn Free on Slimming World
This recipe for slimming world scotch eggs are syn free if using the weetabix as your HEB choice (healthy extra b). These taste fab and are really tasty and crunchy exactly how you would expect a scotch egg to taste like.
This recipe serves 4 people and is great with a huge portion of salad and some slimming world chips , makes a great meal and something different.
TOP TIP for this recipe – I used sausage meat for these as the texture is perfect. Pork mince is a bit harder to work with but remember it must be extra lean.
Add different herbs & spices to suit you to the sausage mix before you wrap the eggs with it. This is similar to the spicing I add to make my syn free sausages actually.
Another great recipe kindly donated by Jamie Davison https://www.facebook.com/groups/275675742588587/
- 1lb extra lean pork mince/sausage meat
- 4 x weetabix
- 6 eggs (2 beaten)
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper.
- Place the eggs in a pan of cold water and bring to a boil
- Then turn the heat down for and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Once ready place the eggs in a large bowl of ice cold water and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile blitz the Weetabix in a food processor for about 10 seconds
- Then empty in to a bowl.
- Add the parsley to the pork mince and season.
- Peel the shells off the eggs, take some of the pork mixture and make a round ball
- (just a bit bigger than a golf ball)
- Wet the palm of your left hand with a bit of cold water, hold the ball in you left hand
- and flatten with your right hand. ( the water will help stop the pork mixture sticking to your hand).
- Once flat place an egg on top of the pork blanket and close around the egg.
- If it doesn't cover the egg completely take a bit more from the mixture.
- Once done place on a plate and do the same with the rest.
- To make the scotch eggs you need to make a little production line to save on mess.
- From left to right..eggs wrapped in the pork mixture...bowl of the beaten eggs.....
- bowl of the blitzed weetabix. . Clean plate.
- Now dip one of the pork covered eggs into the beaten egg making sure it covers it
- Dip in to the weetabix and roll about until covered then place on the clean plate
- Repeat until all are done.
- Preheat oven 200°c and place the scotch eggs onto a baking tray
- Leave a gap between each.
- NO NEED FOR FRYLIGHT) bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked right through.