Slimming World Moussaka – 1 1/2 Syns If Using HEA for Cheese
I must admit though I was pleasantly surprised with the result and it tasted very much like a lasagne if I am honest just with a slightly different taste.
You do need to use extra lean lamb mince which can be quite difficult to get hold of, but try Tesco’s as that is where I got mine from after a bit of hunting for it
For the sauce you need to use for this recipe here which is Béchamel sauce which you can also use to make lasagne too so make sure you click the link above to get the recipe for the sauce unless you have one you already use. For a first taste of Moussaka I really enjoyed it and will certainly make it again.
Another great recipe kindly donated by Jamie Davison https://www.facebook.com/groups/275675742588587/
- 400g of extra lean mince lamb )
- 120g cheddar cheese grated
- 500g pasatta
- 2 medium aubergines sliced about ½ centimetre thick
- 1 large onion roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and crushed
- ½ tsp of chilli
- 250ml of beef stock made up with 1 knorr stock pot
- 3 medium sized potatoes
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 courgette diced
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- ½ tsp of rosemary
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- Salt and pepper.
- A batch of Bechamel sauce as in a previous recipe - see link in text above for the recipe
- Peel and slice the potatoes and part boil.
- Drain and leave aside.
- Spray a griddle pan or frying pan with frylight and place the sliced aubergine in
- Cook for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Set aside and season with salt
- In a large pan sprayed with frylight over a medium heat fry the unions until soft.
- Add the lamb mince and cook until brown.
- Add the garlic and chilli and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots, courgettes, cinnamon, rosemary, oregano, thyme, passata, salt & pepper.
- Mix well and cook for about 15-20 minutes.
- With a ladle spoon some of the lamb sauce into an oven proof dish.
- Add a layer of aubergine then top with some more lamb sauce.
- Add a layer of sliced potatoes then another layer of sauce.
- Add a 2nd layer of aubergine and a final layer of lamb sauce.
- Top with bechamel sauce and cook in a preheated oven for 25 minutes at 180°c.
- Remove and top with grated cheese and return to the oven for about 15 minutes
- Until cheese is golden brown.