Spaghetti Carbonara Slimming World Style & Syn Free on EE
Spaghetti Carbonara is delicious and is one of my favorite dishes when I go to somewhere like Ask or Preso’s, It is usually made with cream so this is a very healthy alternative and tastes just like the real thing but without all the calories. You must use your HEA choice for the Parmesan for it to be free so please bear that in mind.
The TOP TIP for this dish is when you add the egg mixture to the pasta. If you add it when still on the heat you will end up with scrambled egg pasta so make sure you remove it from the heat before adding. Doing it in that way also makes it nice and creamy.
ALSO I use knorr stock pots in this dish. Make this up using the 400ml of water NOT the suggested 500ml but only use 300ml. This will give it a lovely flavour then use the other 100ml you have left for something else.
Another great recipe kindly donated by Jamie Davison https://www.facebook.com/groups/275675742588587/
- 120g spaghetti
- 5 rashers of smoky bacon all visible fat removed and cut into strips
- 300ml of vegetable stock
- ¼ of an onion finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp quark
- 40g Parmesan cheese grated
- Salt and pepper
- Fry light
- Spray a non stick pan with fry light
- Cook the onions and bacon on a low to medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the spaghetti as instructed on the pack.
- In a bowl mix the eggs, quark, salt and pepper together
- Add the stock to the bacon and onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the pasta is cooked and drained add to the bacon, onions and stock.
- Turn the heat up to high and cook for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Then REMOVE from the heat and then add the egg and quark mixture stir well
- Serve with grated Parmesan.