Spaghetti Meatballs Recipe – Syn Free on Extra Easy
I do prefer pork meat balls than any other although you can use extra lean mince beef if you want rather than pork which is what I used in this recipe.
You won’t be disappointed with this meatball recipe it is fantastic and even better it is Syn free on extra easy if you use the cheese as your HEA choice.
Read the method carefully because there are some top tips in there for preparing and cooking the perfect meatballs. You will also need the tomato sauce recipe here for the sauce element of the dish.
Another great recipe kindly donated by Jamie Davison https://www.facebook.com/groups/275675742588587/
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 700g extra-lean pork mince
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g spaghetti
- 500ml napoli sauce - see recipe in link above for this sauce
- In a frying pan sprayed with frylight, cook the onions until soft.
- TIP: Use frozen onions if you can as the water will from the onions will cook them perfectly.
- When onions are soft add the garlic and chilli and cook for another 2 minutes.
- TIP: if the onions seem dry when it comes to adding the garlic and chilli, add 2 tbsp of water.
- After cooking the onions, garlic and chilli set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl mix the pork with the herbs, egg, cooked onions, chillis and garlic.
- Season and mix well.
- Make about 20 meatballs and set out on greaseproof paper.
- In a large frying pan sprayed with frylight cook the meatballs.
- TIP: fry them SLOWLY on a low heat turning every now and then
- By frying them slowly this will keep them nice and moist.
- When cooked, add the napoli sauce and cook for 15 minutes on a low heat.
- TIP: if the sauce thickens too much add a little water.
- Cook spaghetti as instructed on the packet.
- Plate the spaghetti up and add 5 meatballs and a bit of sauce to each plate.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan as your healthy a.