How to Make Perfect Crispy Slimming World Chips – Syn Free Chips
Making perfect Slimming World Syn Free Chips is a question which gets asked a lot in forums and Groups and one of the answers seems to get “get an Actify” but not everyone can afford an Actify which range from £100 – £250.
So how do you make perfect Slimming World Chips? well hopefully this recipe will answer that question for you and no you don’t need an expensive Actify to make them.
The key is to ensure your chips are completely dried out after boiling for 4-6 minutes, this is really important to get the crispiness when you “rough up” the chips before baking.
Plus you need to sprinkle with sea salt before baking, turn after about 20 minutes, sprinkle with sea salt again and continue baking for around 20 minutes.
In reality they take about 40 minutes to cook properly and crisp up not 20-25 minutes though so if you cannot afford or justify buying an Actify like me here is how you make perfect Slimming World Syn Free Chips.
- 900g medium sized Maris Piper potatoes
- Low calorie oil spray - I use Frylight
- Sea salt & vinegar
- Preheat oven to 230°C
- Peel potatoes and slice lengthwise into approx 1cm thick chips.
- Boil a large saucepan of water with added salt
- Add your chips and cook for 4-6 minutes.
- Drain and leave aside for 10-20 minutes to dry - ensure they are 100% dry!
- Then add chips to dry saucepan with a lid and shake - not too hard though
- This will rough up the edges of the chips - gives texture of the chips.
- Spray a baking tray with Frylight
- Add the chips to the tray, sprinkle with sea salt and bake 20 minutes
- Remove from oven, turn, sprinkle with sea salt and bake for further 20 minutes
- Then once cooked place chips on kitchen roll to absorb any grease
- Serve with salt and vinegar