Classic Italian Tomato Napoli Sauce – Great for Cannelloni
This is a classic Italian Tomato Sauce which you can use for many different meals so is a recipe to keep handy. It goes really well with the Cannelloni recipe. and the spaghetti meatball recipe plus Chicken Valdostana recipie
Add a red pepper (de-seeded and cut in half) cut and lay side down in the roasting tin with the tomatoes. When the skin has blackened a bit it will be easy to peel once cooled. Add to the pot when you add the tomatoes as it adds flavour.
Another great recipe kindly donated by Jamie Davison https://www.facebook.com/groups/275675742588587/
- 8 medium tomatoes
- 1 large onion roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled and crushed
- 400ml of vegetable stock (use knor pot as these are free)
- 2-3 fresh basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven 180°c
- Cut the tomatoes in half and place cut side up in a ovenproof dish that has bern sprayed with frylight and season with salt and pepper
- Tare bits of the basil leaves and place a piece on each of the tomatoes.
- Put in the oven and cook for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove and leave to cool.
- In a pan sprayed with frylight fry the onions until soft then add the garlic and stir well.
- Add the tomatoes (including any juices) and the stock.
- Cover and cook for on a medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Leave to cool then use a hand blender to blend.