Tray Baked Seasoned Chicken & Wedges – Syn Free
Its slightly tweaked and different from the slimming world magazine version and I think this one tastes so much better This dish has bags of super free, serves 4 and is ready in 30 minutes so its quick, simple and not too many complicated ingredients.
Baking in a tray in the oven gives the chicken all the flavour from the other ingredients and just tastes divine.
TopTip : when the wedges have been par boiled place them on a kitchen towel and a piece on top to dry. It gets rid of the moisture better. Use a good quality kitchen roll to prevent sticking.
Also turn the wedges midway through cooking and spray again with frylight.
- 4 large baking potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp of schwartz chicken hearb and spice blend
- 4 chicken breasts, all visible fat removed
- 4 red onions, quartered
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 8 small tomatoes
- Low calorie cooking spray
- A small hand full of finely chopped coriander.
- Preheat oven 200ºc gas mark 7.
- Boil the wedges for 5-6 minutes.
- Drain well then return to the pan and leave to stream dry for 30 seconds.
- Spray a baking tray with frylight and arrange the wedges on the tray in a single layer.
- Season well.
- Rub the garlic and chicken herb and spice into the chicken.
- Put in a shallow oven dish and arrange the onions, peppers and tomatoes around it.
- Spray the chicken, veg and wedges with frylight and bake for 25-30 minutes
- Until chicken is cooked through and the wedges are golden.
- When served top with the coriander or parsley.